So much to say!!!
There is so much to be said about this energy system! Let’s begin by saying that when in a session with a client, so much is accomplished simply by focusing in this energy system!!! There is so much to cover that this little blog post just can’t touch on everything, so please forgive me for being brief. It’s important that we address this amazing energy system!
The word chakra translates from the Sanskrit as disk, vortex or wheel. Each chakra is a concentrated center or swirling disk of energy that is positioned at one of 7 points. Beginning at the base of the spine with the Root Chakra continuing up the body to the crown of the head and the Crown Chakra, each Chakra has significance in the body and life of the individual.
The Chakras – Basically, and very briefly…
- Chakra 1 is the Root Chakra; Survival: “Tribal Power – All is one” This chakra is located at the base of the spine. If there is an issue in the legs, bones or even the immune system, for example, this chakra requires attention.
- Chakra 2, located beneath the naval, pertains to creativity and partnership: “Honor One Another”. For example the strength in the Sacral Chakra is the ability to survive financially and physically. Should there be an issue in the pelvic region or the lower back area, attention should be given to balancing the second chakra.
- Chakra 3, the Solar Plexus addresses identity and personal power: “Honor Oneself”. Located between the navel and chest, I like to refer to this chakra as the one where you feel “gut” reactions. Should this chakra be out of balance, you may experience problems in the bladder, kidney, pancreas, upper intestines or even the stomach.
- Chakra 4, your Heart Chakra. Though this chakra is located over the heart, and even referred to as the Heart Chakra, it also affects the lungs, ribs, breasts, diaphragm, thymus gland and even the shoulders and arms. When grief is experienced, this is the chakra most affected.
- Chakra 5, the Throat Chakra is located at the throat but also includes the mouth, teeth and gums. When this chakra is out of alignment, you may feel unheard or unable to express yourself in certain situations.
- Chakra 6 is the Brow Chakra and is also referred to as the Third Eye as it is located at the forehead. Comprehension and power of the mind; “Seeking Only the Truth” is the focus in this chakra. The brain and nervous system are affected by the energies of this chakra, as well as the ears, nose and glands.
- Chakra 7, the Crown Chakra is located at the top or crown of the head. Considered to be the spiritual connector, “Trust in the Divine” is the focus. The body systems affected by this chakra are the skin, muscular system and skeletal system. This chakra pertains to your individual belief system and trusting in that.
Is it no wonder many energy healing methods focus only on the chakras? Often times, clients truly feel the shift when the chakras are balanced, and now you can understand why that is so! This knowledge has changed the lives of many of my clients as well as my own life. And though it seems magical or voodoo, it isn’t. And it even works when you’re skeptical! I was completely skeptical myself, and was amazed at the changes I’ve witnessed!
A few words from Loretta…
I just love the peace and calm I feel when my energy systems are balanced. I also love being able to perform this work with so many of you! I hope you have enjoyed the 2nd in a series focus on the Energy Systems of the body. I hope you’ll come back for the next focus on the Energetic Grids and Meridians!